Monday 7 December 2009

Music Magazine Front cover (Rough Drafts)

Before I start to take pictures and create my final music magazine cover I thought that it would be a good idea to draw up some rough drafts of what my final cover could look like when it is finished. I also think that it is a good idea because if there is an element of one which i like and an element of another which i like I can combine ideas to create a really good result which has the best characteristics of each front cover I have designed.

Initially I havwe come up with three cover ideas which are baisically rough visuals of all the ideas I have and I thought it would be good to get them down on paper so that I had something to look at and could think about i more detail.

Cover 1

This cover has a clear view of all the band members which are actually me and three of my friends. behind the ban is an image of the band's logo which is a combination of the very popular smiley image and commonly seen in tv and film the radioactive caution symbol reason being the band I have come up with for this magazine is called 'Radioactive Righteousnes' Which I now realize I have forgotten to add to this draft but this can be improved upon. . on either side of the band there are images relating to an album I made up for them called 'Swimming With Astro Sharks'. I thought that it would be funny to put us in order of height because our tallest member is rediculosly tall (about 6ft 4 If I can remeber) and our shortest member is very short, I think this adds to the image that band's hummer and non-seriousness which I am trying to get across.



Cover 2

This cover is quite a bit different; I have written the name of the magazine in thiker more boxy text because I fwelt thet the previous font was just to thin and scratchy, I also think that this font would be clearer to the reader. On this cover I have added teasers to what is inside the magazine and the name of the band, this was mainly to get a good idea of where the teasers would go if this were to end up as the final design and also to get an idea of what teasers I will be putting on my front cover.

The image of the band members themselves I have decided to put the min the classic box with four sections. I feel that giving each bend member their own "frame" shos they are all eaqully important to the band as is the case with virtually every band and also that each member adds a certain elememt of personality and diversity to thae band, I also thought it would be a good idea to have each member in a different pose or pulling a different face as this would give the reader a little idea of what that particullar band member is like.



Cover 3



For this front cover I have decided to go with the same kind of font for the name as I feel it is effectivebecause of it's clarity and boldness. I decided to put the teasers all over the magazine to give it more of an exiting kind of look and because the double page spread on Radioactive Righteousness is the main article in this magazine I have decided to make it the biggest piece of text besides the title.

The main image of the band is again different and more exiting I think, it shows the band lined up and in perspective and each member is wearing a black t-shirt with the band logo on it.





I think that each design has something special about it and when designing my final front cover I will take each design in to account and I will probably end up using different elements from each design.

No comments:

Post a Comment