Tuesday 8 December 2009

Double Page Spread Rough Draft

This draft of my double page spread is just to get some ideas down and my final draft will probably be longer.

The first time I saw these guys it was in a gig for loads of 'Un-knowns', there where some pretty average bands there with nothing special about them, I mean no one thought anyone there would make themselves known, it was nothing special, just a bunchof bands coming together and playing for some people who had nothing better to do, I belive it was called Wild-Stock or something (origional right). I thought to myself this was "it for these guys" and no one would remember them, then about 18 months later I hear a familiar band playing a song called 'Oh S*!? Zombies' and I thinking "I know these guys" and I was glad because I knew now that they would make it big I just, didn't think anyone thought so but I am glad I was proven wrong.

To be honest I did think they stood out from the rest of the bands playing because with song titles like 'Oh S*!? Zombies@ you can see where I coming from when I say they wern't exactly 'Run of the Mil'. I am also glad they are becoming known because while there are loads of great knew artists out there right know they aren't really coming up with anything knew and different because to be honest most of these knew artists are getting a bit same same and Radioactive Righteousness is that different musical expirience that I think the music world needs it's likea healthy dose of weird just to spice things up a little.

Fortunatly I managed to get an interview with the boys about a week ago which was suprisingly easy, as soon as theyknew I saw one of their early gigs they thought it would be "Awesome" they even let me do it in their studio which to looked like a boys bedroom for lack of a better description; there were comics, video games and junk everywhere as well as the recording equipmnet and instruments of course.

Q: So how long have you guys been playing together for?
A: Well we've actually been friends scince high school and we used to jam after school almost every day so after a while we thought why the hell not make a band cos thats baisically what we were any ways. Jay-Me and jake have actually known each other scince primary school then we met Rish and a couple of years after that Miguel came along to our school and I all kicked off from there I guess.

Q: Tell me, who does your song writting or is it done by one of you?
A:Well we do all of our song writting but we kind of take it in turns but not in the sense that who ever wrote a song last the next person after has to; when ever we each come up with something we share it with each other and it takes off from their but we all usually pitch in on tweaking it and making it better.

Q: So what kind of stuff do you guys do in your free time?
well besides song writting as you can see from the state of this place we a still children at heart; we love to play videogames, watch movies and cartoons, read comic books and all kinds of stuff, Jay and Miguel- scince we met we just got along and then we descovered our interests in comics and stories and have bee coming up with comic ideas scince and whenever we come up with stuff we share it with the rest of the guys and ask for ideas much like our music, Miguel- scince I am also pationet about drawing I draw all the comics we come up with, I also do all the cover art for all of our albums. Rishi- I love to make thsose little warhammer figures and paint them, Iv'e been doing it scince I was a kid.


Q: How are you finding this whole new stardom expirience?

A: Its pretty freaky but of coarse we're enjoying it you know what I mean? it's like we've just taken a step up and it's great that we can do what we love for a living, it's like every persons dream to do what they love for a living and we are living it and I know that it sounds cliche but that pretty much the best way of describing it.

With their new album 'Swimming with Astro Sharks out now, a bunch of gigs line up and a tour in the works Radioactive Righteousness have taken our attention by storm and are the biggest thing in the record business!

No comments:

Post a Comment